Friday, July 31, 2009

Facebook Made My Day

So.... Yesterday I made a status and it led to a few haters writing in my Honesty Box... LOL.... I forgot I even had an Honesty Box till I decided to clean out those thousands of messages in my inbox and went to check out my notifications... But here's the deal:

Status that caused my Honesty Box to blow up:
Terrence 'Mars' Jonesdoesn't fully understand why folks are celebrating their "swagg" when they ALL look alike. Walk, talk, and think the same too... Meanwhile, I'm chilling with SNKY, Made Monarchs, NX-Level, Fly Kite, D.E.M.O., The RudeBoyz, The Swaggstas, The Undergrads, FKC, HUE, etc. in the Winner's Circle!!! Check me out at ( http://kidinfamous.blogspot.com/ ) and follow me on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/Playboy_Mars )

Hater Bitch (the color was a pink)in my honesty box:
Ur status sucks. U just contradicted urself during the whole thing by naming almost every promoter or click in STL when yal all doing the same thing but swear yal unique.
You know yal all look alike, dress alike and think alike 2!!! It's typical stuff: U like Santigold, u wear dunks and "exclusive kicks", u obsess over every fashion blog and copy ppl's style, u wear a tiny t-shirt or sum skinny legs, u think ur cool because of what u wear, u try too hard. I am not impressed. Im tired of ppl throwing there idea of what they consider swag on everyone else who isnt in your circle (which is as big as the equator). U a cool dude but u need to stop sometimes.

My response:
uuummm...... ok.... LOL

i said etc for a reason....

it ain't even about our image LOL

i was showing love to the people i WORK for and with...

FKC, HUE, and The Undergrads have 3 COMPLETELY different styles... Fly Kite isn't even St. Louis: it's a film company based out of Chicago...

NX-Level and D.E.M.O. are neither "cliques" (because you spelled it wrong): they both make music and they sound completely different!!!

SNKY is my store and Made Monarchs are like family to me....

The RudeBoyz are my brothers and the Swaggstas aren't even what you listen to....

Do your research while I keep getting paid for simply mentioning these names....

This summer is the first summer I got a check with a comma on it.... And it's grown ass folks out here who can't even keep that in their bank accounts for a month because of bills!!!

So imma keep doing me and working with people that are getting me paid. It gives a sense of community and success, so I'm with it. Cuz you writing me this message took time out of your day.

Time=Money.... I can be on Facebook and STILL make money. Cuz I promote through internet, music, film, photography, events, community, and soon radio....

I'm a fashion major so I read EVERY GQ and Vogue that comes out. I've been a big fan of sneakers since like sophomore year. I BARELY listen to Santigold OR MIA (though I am a fan of their work)... I'm not different. I just do different things...

Focus on you, cuz I don't pay your bills.... You do.

My spill and spew:
ALL my life, it's been at least ONE person out of my group of people I kicked it with to mention I'm a little off- but in a god way. I don't refer to myself as an "eccentric" or some strange "weirdo" in a serious manor- if I ever even do. Yeah I'm a little quirky. I definitely think and break shit down differently, but that's not a bad thing. NOR does it make me weird.

I actually tend to think of myself as everyone else. OTHERS call me different- but that doesn't make my societal identity as such!!! I go out and I dress up, or look like a bum at times... It's just ME. Why? Cuz I don't give a FUCK!!

Bitch I got loyal friends, and got a loving and supporting family, even a consistent source of income during some of the worst times America has ever seen!! So why the fuck should I really care about what people I don't even know think when I'm out and about??

This tangent isn't even me angry... I'm simply kicking knowledge to the uninformed. To know me is to understand me. Therefore, if you have little to no insight on me from a personal standpoint, then you cannot say you know me. And if you don't know me, then don't write in my honesty box, because you have NOTHING to be honest with me about. Dig?

Now back to this paper... I'll see y'all out tonight. And tomorrow for the Lupe concert with big brother Black Spade performing!!

Oh, and if you dislike me, don't forget to smile in my face. Cuz just like everybody who lacks individuality or is afraid to BE or THINK differently, they all look alike. Just like the snakes that shake me up among the ones who admire and like me for who I am.

No comments: